Kirn Office Chair
Kirn Mesh Office Chair enters the office scene at a time of change. It delivers a superb task chair solution that offers great seating comfort and ergonomic support with a green footprint. Kirn's design is green thinking made black and white.
- This item is built to order as it enables us to deliver unique designer products at outstanding value
- Dispatch is when we ship the item to our delivery partners who handle final delivery
- Delivery should be within 2 working days of dispatch for mainland UK (up to 14 days for Offshore, Highlands, Islands and Ireland)
Kirn Office Chair
Kirn Office Chair is an environmentally friendly desk chair designed with green thinking in mind to make decisions black and white when looking to buy a new task chair.
Despite being around for 125-years, the office task chair in all its various versions from some great companies still presents designers with challenges.
So how do you create a compelling product in a market saturated by great office chair options? That is a question the designers at Orangebox always have in their design approach when developing a new innovative chair such as Kirn. As a leading office furniture manufacturer, they bring generations of innovation and value, not only with one chair but with all their chairs.
So how did they achieve this you might ask with the Kirn mesh back task chair? Well, typically a new mechanism is at the centre of a new chair, as is the case with Kirn. The second route is with materials and manufacturing and innovation, again with Kirn, they have created their first all mesh chair. The third is the architecture and design personality of the chair. That is where research of nearly a decade ago becomes an intrinsic part of the creative process. To understand the landscape of contemporary task chairs, Orangebox produced a research document where they set out what they saw as a living distinct chair architecture. All task chairs will sit within a specific range of chair frames, both existing and new. When looking at someone, we recall their body shape, how they move and more importantly, their face. The car grill and headlights have defined the car brand's DNA for generations.
Of the four primary elements of the task chair, the mechanism, seat, arms, and backrest is the primary definer of the chair's personality. So at current, each task chair developed by Orangebox originates from this. Each task chair lands up having a distinct design personality and as with the other vital assets — the mechanism the function of the chair attributes the materials of the chair. The performance range, the price point etc.
The Orangebox Kirn Task Chair Features
- Choose between a Black or White plastic frame.
- 2D Adjustable Arms in Textured Black or Textured White. Optional Multi-adjustable arms available as an upcharge.
- Synchronous weight balancing movement mechanism with up to 20° recline
- Optional Headrest Available in Black or White to Match Back Frame
- Choose Between a Charcoal (dark grey) or Smoke (light grey) Mesh
- Textured Black base as standard. Textured White available as an upcharge
- Travel Limiter (2 position travel limiter & back lock in the upright position) mechanism available at an additional cost.
- Optional Adjustable Lumbar Support. Colour matched to Back Frame.
- Integrated seat height & depth controls.
- 65mm Hard Black Castor as standard. 65mm Soft Black Castors and 65mm Soft Black Brake Unloaded available at an additional cost.
''Kirn's mechanism allows the bulk to be removed from under the seat where it's normally positioned and repositioned into the sides of the seat, which creates a lighter profile.'' - Gerard Taylor, Kirn Designer.
The Do office chair, one of the most successful office chairs by Orangebox features a fluid back connection architecture and their previous mesh chair Eva used a wishbone architecture. For Kirn, the designers originated the ideas around the connection through the arm architecture, which was their starting point for design developments. Working within this narrative is an innovative and helpful way to realize originality within a portfolio of task chairs together with contributions of each of the other key design assets. At the same time, the innovative mechanism that's central to the design of carbon, became a live possibility for development, so the design evolution of Kirn started.
Dimensions & Details
|Mesh Back||Charcoal or Smoke options available. Composition 84% Polyester, 15% Polyamid, 1% Elastane. (passes BS EN 1335-1 & BS EN ISO 9241).|
|Trim||Available in Textured Black or Textured White.|
|Seat:||Injection Moulded 30% Glass filled Nylon in Grey or White. Integrated seat height & depth controls. 70mm seat depth adjustment.|
|Base||Available in Textured Black.|
|Castors/Glides||65mm Hard Black Castor as standard.|
|Gas Lift||Black Gas lift only, except on counter height chairs when it is brushed Chrome only, fitted with footring. 170 mm travel.|
|Adjustable Lumbar||Optional adjustable Lumbar Support. Height 80mm & Depth 20mm with adjustable with air lumbar pad. Colour matched to Back Frame.|
|Mechanism||Mechanism. Synchronous weight balancing movement with up to 20° recline.|
|Backstem||2D Arm, 30% Glass filled Nylon injection moulded arms Textured Black or Textured White. Soft-Touch TPU armpads available in Black Only. 100mm height adjustment & rotating armpads.|
|Headrest||Available in Black or White to match Back Frame. The Mesh is also matched to the Back Frame.|